Ms Houston Vintage Pageant
Submission Form & Rules
Entry Fee: $25.00
Entry Deadline: Deadline is September 9, 2016 OR when all 10 spaces have been confirmed.
1st place: $200 Cash, Involvement with community events throughout the year and showcased in Houston Vintage 2017 event.
2nd place: $50 & small gift
3rd place: $25 & small gift
Mail/deliver payment to:
912 W. 22nd St
Houston, TX 77008
Checks payable to: Houston Vintage OR send via PayPal to: HoustonVintageTX@gmail.com
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
It is my wish to participate in the Ms Houston Vintage 2016 Pageant, to be held on Sept. 17th, 2016, at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum located at: 8325 Travelair St Houston, TX 77061.
I understand, appreciate, and acknowledge that property damage and injuries may occur at such events. I fully assume the risk of such property damage and/or personal injuries; I am participating in this pageant voluntarily and with my full knowledge of the inherent risks.
I hereby waive and release any and all rights that either my heirs, successors and assigns or I may have against Houston Vintage (HTX Vintage, LLC ) their agents, staff, volunteers, and/or employees, arising from my participation in this event, including, but not limited to property damage and personal injuries. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless all of theforegoing from any claim which may be made by me or on behalf by other third parties which might be made against me by others, arising from my participation in the foregoing event.
This waiver shall remain valid and may not be unilaterally rescinded by the participant.
In addition to the release and waiver of liability, by submitting this form I acknowledges that I have read and fully understand the Ms. Houston Vintage 2016 Rules. In addition, I give permission for my name, image, and photographs obtained of myself at event to be used to advertise current and future pageants for Houston Vintage, via social media, websites and possible publication of image and announcement of 1st place winner in local print papers.
* Answers should not exceed one minute.
Ms. Houston Vintage Rules
1. The Contestant must be dressed in authentic vintage attire (*clothing at least 25 yrs or older. Shoes can be vintage reproduction.)
2. All Contestants must be at least 18 years of age or older. No exceptions.
3. Contestants must sign and submit application along with the waiver of liability form/release of photographs, in order to participate in event.
4. Each contestant will answer one question on stage in Round 1 (questions will vary regarding vintage fashion, favorite era or personal style, Houston culture and love for all things retro.)
5. A panel of 3 judges will determine the 1st place winner and crown Ms. Houston Vintage 2016. Contestants will be judged on vintage outfit/attire, poise, confidence on stage, attention to detail, knowledge of their vintage ensemble and their own personal sparkle!
6. A total of 10 contestants will be allowed to compete. Participants will be notified of acceptance.
7. Contestants are not entitled to a refund of entry fee paid to the pageant. Refunds of entry fee will only be given if the pageant is cancelled completely.
8. Ms. Houston Vintage 2016 pageant will start at 2pm, Saturday September 17th, 2016, at the 1940 Air Terminal Museum. All contestants must be on site (1940 Air Terminal Museum) by 1pm on the day of the event.